“Children must have at least one person who believes in them. It could be you.”
– Marian Wright Edelman, President, Children’s Defense Fund
Sign up to volunteer as a coach!
FYI Purgolders is currently looking for two types of coaches.
All FYI Purgolders coaching positions are volunteer positions. Whether you are an experienced coach, or someone who has no experience coaching, it’s our goal to help you become the best coach you can be.
- Click "Get Involved" and complete the online volunteer application form
- The Volunteer Manager will contact you within 1-3 days with more information (Note: a background check is required.)
Head Basketball Coach
- NO BASKETBALL COACHING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
- Encourage student-athletes to develop life skills through sport, using strategies that align with the sports-based youth development model
- Design and lead your individual team practice
- Collaborate with FYI Purgolders staff and other coaches in a collaborative practice focused on fundamental skill development. FYI Purgolders staff will provide the practice plan for collaborative practices, with opportunities for coach input.
- The FYI Purgolders team handles things like registration, facility rentals and scheduling, and most parent communication in order to allow coaches to just coach!
- 1 individual team practice (~90 minutes) per week
- At least 2 collaborative practices (2-3 hours) per month
- Attend league games for designated team
- Season runs from Oct 22-Feb 8 for girls teams and Nov 5-Mar 8 for boys teams
For more information, contact Tyrone Cratic, FYI Sports Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-219-2838
- Support the Academic Coordinator during “academic practices” as an academic mentor to student-athletes
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with students on projects/activities that link sports and academics
- Assist with program setup, dinner service, and cleanup
- Attend at least 1 academic practice (2 hours) per week
- Program runs for 20 weeks from Oct 22-March 8
For more information, contact Monica Pembroke, FYI Academic Coordinator: email@example.com or 608-444-0729